The Cattle Information Service (CIS) provides insight from Milk, Tissue and Blood Samples to help manage herd health.
A sample holds a wealth of health information to maximise herd health status.
CIS Health Testing includes:
- Disease testing for Johne’s, BVD Ab, BVD Ag, IBR Ab, IBR gE Ab, Lepto, Neospora and Liver Fluke.
- CHECS approved Johne's Monitoring Scheme*.
- Ketosis/Acidosis indicator for an imbalance of butterfat/protein levels.
- Milk urea analysis to assist feed management.
- Protein intercept comparing production with protein levels to gauge energy status.
- SCC monitor to pinpoint ongoing or one-off problems.
- Pregnancy diagnosis available from routine milk recording samples.
- Results can be viewed online using the herd management programme YourHerd and MobileHerd app.
*Opt In Scheme
Disease testing is available on a quarterly or ad hoc basis. All other analysis is included with routine milk recording. CHECS schemes are also available.
To speak to a member of the CIS team call 01923 695319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Testing Webinars
Further webinars focused are available to view on the CIS YouTube channel